Usually after a trip you need a few days just to recover from your vacation before jumping into normal life. This feels especially true today as I am still under the weather and consequently lacking any level of motivation. Fortunately I am a organized person (some may call it anal) so despite the feet dragging, normalcy is just around the corner.
So what are some of my organization secrets?
- Create a “Landing Strip”- Not sure what that is? Check out Apartment Therapy and read the book Apartment Therapy: The Eight-Step Home Cure. Life Changing!
- Grocery Lists/ Weekly Menus- Serious weekly grocery lists that correspond with a weekly dinner menu will change your life.
- Color Coordinated Calendar- Lukus’ work blue, birthdays & special dates in red, joint events green, etc. etc. etc.
- Create a Financial System- Do you know what you spend on Groceries? Gas? Create a budget. Stick to it. Create a savings plan, pay off debt & change your life. Seriously.
- Plan- Create a plan of attack when you have a lot going on. It may take a few extra minutes in the front end, but in doing so you will save both time and sanity.
I am going to try and delve into each of these categories as times goes by…. but, until then what are some other essentials to getting organized?