Halloween week is moving right along. Yesterday we looked at the color black, but today North On Harper is brought to you by the color orange. Okay, maybe not by the color, but by the fruit. Confused? Well, Halloween is usually a palate pleaser for kids, but what about those of us who crave a bit more sophistication?! These orange recipes are for the food (and drink!) snob in all of us.
- Spiced Orange Wine: This is such a beautiful drink. It feels both festive and effortless (especially since it can be made ahead).
- Chocolate-Orange Pots de Crème: Even adults want something sweet from time to time! This dish is rich and creamy and decadent goodness!
- Grilled Pork Chops with Orange Barbecue Sauce: This is not your average barbecue! Instead this lovely entrée has a tangy and spicy sauce that is sure to please.
- Orange-Scented Olive Oil Cake: This cake truly is the essence of chic. A cake with oranges, olive oil and garnished with sea salt? Yes, please!
- Bloody (Orange) Marys: The name says it all. Okay, confession, this one scares me to death. I am all about culinary adventures, but this? I decided however, that the fear factor element makes it perfect for this list.