Yesterday’s post looked at the creepier side of Halloween, today’s takes a look at the yummier one: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds! Beyond tasting great, pumpkin seeds are rather healthy. They are rich in protein, vitamin k and several minerals. Most people are familiar with the traditional recipe, but pumpkin seeds can be seasoned in a variety of ways for a flavorful and delicious snack. In fact, I would go so far as to say that some of these recipes are better than a bag full of candy! Don’t believe me? Give the following a try!
- Curried Pumpkin Seeds: Curry is one of my favorite flavors and it goes great with squash. So it is no surprise that these pumpkin seeds have a great flavor!
- Spicy Pumpkin Seeds: I love a good hot sauce on just about anything, so of course the idea of adding it to pumpkin seeds works for me.
- Cumin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds: These are a bit more sophisticated than you average salted seeds.
- Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds: These seeds are the best of both worlds! Perfect for satisfying any craving.
- Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds: The ginger in the seasoning mix gives this recipe a great kick, while the sugar offers balance.
|photo by ganatronic||via PhotoRee|