It is fall and the sky is beginning to show it. As things get dreary outside it is easy to feel your mood also slip. I am so susceptible to this. Fortunately there is a way out of this! In fact, there are several and because I don’t want you to get the blues I have assembled a list. These activities are sure to leave you smiling!
- Buy Fresh Flower: Flowers can change the vibe of a room and for just a few bucks. They can turn the dark and dreary into the bright and cheerful. Sending them to family/ friend/ loved one can be equally satisfying.
- Turn on Some of Your Favorite Summer Tunes: When it is dark outside crank up the Jack Johnson and sing along. Some how his surfer beach bum lyrics have magical qualities. Suddenly, things won’t feel nearly as gloomy.
- Throw A Fiesta: Make margaritas and serve chips and salsa. These flavors are so quintessentially summer, the days spent at the beach won’t seem so far away. Start with a Capella Margarita!
- Banish The Black: I am the queen of wearing black and grey. However, on days that leave me feeling particularly moody a little bit of color can go a long way to changing my mood. Check out some 2011 Resort Wear collections for inspiration.
- Watch A Marathon of Animated Films: Madagascar 2, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, who doesn’t feel great after these movies? Lukus loves animated films and thankfully this has rubbed off. Gloomy or not, they always leave me smiling!