Yesterday we looked back at iconic fashion so it is only fitting that we look at some timeless style advice today. Of course I have enlisted a professional to impart so fashion wisdom. This week we have the fantastic Jessica Wenger who is a costume designer/ celebrity stylist here in Los Angeles. She has dressed everyone from Katherine Heigl to Forest Whitaker and now she is telling you what to wear!
- Find The Right Jeans. Wear jeans for your body type, not for the trend. Be honest with yourself, if you have hips your jeans should balance them at the hemline. Skinny leg jeans are a trend and do not work for every body type!
- Leave Something For The Imagination. Choose one area of skin to display, too much translates as trashy. Showing a single glimpse of skin will leave you looking classy.
- Learn To Accessorize Smart. Keep your bracelets to only one wrist and stack them one on top of each other. Wear a necklace that is similar to the neckline of your top. If your necklace is loud, then keep the earrings small and simple. If large earrings are more your style, then lose the necklace. Great accessories will kick every outfit up a notch.
- Invest In Good Tailoring. Clothes are meant to fit, but that doesn’t mean they will off the rack. It is up to a tailor to make them contour to your own body. Pants that drag and awkward skirt lengths can make your body look disproportionate.
- Dress To Fit Your Personality. Wearing trends ca be great- just don’t let them wear you! Incorporate them into your own personal wardrobe, but don’t buy things just because they have a top label or someone says they are “in”. Buy items that fit your personality and work with your existing style.
Thanks, Jessica!!! What are some of your best style tips?