We are into the final days before Thanksgiving here in the States and the last thing I want to eat is turkey. I hate eating anything even remotely related to traditional Thanksgiving fare in the days leading up to the holiday. Don’t get me wrong, I promise to do some damage next week, but just not quite yet!
In order to avoid any level of food monotony I have been looking for dishes that will tickle and tease my taste buds. And, as always, I am keen to share the bounty of my harvest (I hope you appreciated my word choice there)! Check out some very non-Thanksgiving meals that will have those lucky enough to partake saying a great big ‘Thank You”!
- Shrimp Salad with Blood Oranges and Slivered Fennel: This brightly flavored dish is the anti-Turkey. Instead of dinner leaving you feeling sluggish and tired this one gives you the energy to push through last minute preparations!
- Szechuan Pork: This is a filling flavorful one-dish meal. It completely satisfies my cravings for something hearty, but without compromising my Thanksgiving experience.
- Pear and Pomegranate Salad: This salad is seasonal while still being nice and light! If you are missing protein just add some chicken breast for a complete meal.
- Golden Flounder with Caper-Almond Dressing: This dish appears very elegant and stylish, but doesn’t require a culinary degree and several hours to prepare. Saving you time and energy to prepare the holiday feast. Perfect for a quiet meal before craziness ensues!
- Pepper-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Kumquat Marmalade: Thanksgiving is all about the foods you know and love, why not spice up the week before with something more unusual? Kumquats will add a punch of flavor to this seasonal meal.