After a day full of home décor shopping with my friend Nadine, I came home feeling awfully domestic. So, Lukus and I cooked dinner together and then I made muffins. I know. I am like a mini-Martha-Stewart or something…
That being said I made awesome Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. I mean awesome. Even my anti-banana friends love them! And because I am in the sharing mood, I have photos and recipes for all you lovely North On Harper readers. You can thank me later. For now, run out and get the ingredients and start baking!
Ingredients: (Yield 16 muffins)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 7 oz greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsps baking soda
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ – 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I usually stick with 1 ½ cups because Lukus doesn’t share my affinity for chocolate!)
Directions: (7 easy steps)
- Preheat oven to 375*F and grease muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla, combine.
- Mix in salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins a half an inch below the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.