I was reading everyone’s comments from last week’s spring trend reports (thanks by the way- I really love getting all this feedback!!) and one of the themes I found was that people kept saying “I love this trend, but can’t wear it.” And this got me thinking…
First it made me want to say: Don’t sell yourselves short!!! Yes, there are legitimate reasons not to wear a trend. But fear is not one of them!!! (Can you tell I really mean it? I mean I used like a million exclamation points!) So, if there is a style that’s caught your eye, give it a shot. Take your most honest and most daring confidante (and if you don’t have one of those snap a photo and email it to me) and try it on. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised.
Second: I talk a big game about wearing certain trends. But there are ones that won’t work for me either- no matter how much I like them. One of these trends is the color chartreuse. It has been all over spring style reports. And I can’t wear it! Let me put it this way: if I were to wear chartreuse my olive skin would glow in the dark. Seriously, the color looks that bad on me. Alas, this is a cross I must bear.
But for those of you who can, do! There are so many great options right now! Check out some of my favorites:
(Confession: I may still try this nail polish….. you know, so my friends can find me in a dark restaurant 😉 )
Where To Buy:
- M.A.C. Eye shadow in Bitter ($11), maccosmetics.com
- Image: Suno Spring 2011 Ready-To-Wear, photo by Yannis Vlamos/GoRunway.com via Style.com
- Whiting & Davis Dalmatian Convertible Shoulder Bag ($115), Shopbop.com
- Fossil Hathaway Glazed Shopper ($98), Zappos.com
- O.P.I. Nail Lacquer in Simply Smashing ($8.50), only in stores- see OPI.com
- Villa Cerese Micro Stripe Wool Wrap ($150), Bloomingdales.com