Yesterday the collaborative effort between LonnyMag and Traditional Home, TradHome launched. I am going to be honest: I was skeptical. So often Traditional design, while beautiful, feels inaccessible and overly formal. But the designers featured in the inaugural issue of TradHome shared spaces that were rooted in history but still felt fresh and affable. So much so that it inspired the kickoff of a new feature called Fashioned Home. Basically, it is a fancy way of saying I took a bunch of elements to create a room on a mood board. So, without further ado, I give you: Fashioned Home: Traditional Meets World.
The combination of colors and textures feels both fresh and vibrant. Meanwhile the traditional pieces (the sofa and chair) give the room a sense of presence that keeps it from looking like an imports store.
Where To Shop:
- Crate&Barrel “Malachite Table Lamp” ($229), CrateAndBarrel.com
- Ruby Lane “French Louis XV Bergere” Chair ($2800), RubyLane.com
- Anthropolgie “Flutter Pattern Rug” 5X7 ($998), Anthropologie.com
- Urban Home “Primitive Java Coffee Table” ($599), ShopUrbanHome.com
- Wisteria “Treasured Sage Chinese Console” ($899), Wisteria.com
- ZGallerie “African Ikat Pillow” ($49.95), ZGallerie.com
- Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams “Belle Collection Sofa” (Contact Store For Pricing), MGBWHome.com