I think I’ve mentioned it before, but for those of you new to North On Harper or prone to skimming my posts (I am under no illusions!), my husband is the GM of a bar/club. We actually met back when we were both working in another restaurant/bar (he was a bartender, I was a waitress). As a result, whenever we go to parties, people ask Lukus to make a cocktail. And since we were talking about cocktail dresses yesterday, I thought it only fitting that I ask him to share one of his recipes with us!
I am excited for Lukus to share this recipe, as he actually won a competition based off of it. The cocktail? Grown-Up Sweet Tea. It is always a party pleaser and sure to impress your guests. I hope you guys like it!!!
Ingredients (per cocktail):
- 2 oz Vanilla Vodka (we only had regular- it works, but vanilla is even better!)
- approx 1 Cup brewed English Breakfast Tea infused with 2 tbsp Honey, cooled
- 1 tbsp Honey, divided
- 4 Animal Crackers, crushed
- 2-3 oz Heavy Cream
- Martini Glass
- Pint Glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- Rim a martini glass with Honey (use about ½ tbsp of the honey).
- Dip into crushed Animal Crackers.
- Add Ice, Vodka and 2 oz of Tea/Honey mixture to the shaker.
- Shake and strain into the Martini glass (fill until ¼ inch from the top).
- In an emptied shaker (no ice!), add Heavy Cream and remaining Honey.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain onto cocktail.
- Serve immediately.