It has been another crazy week in the world of North On Harper. But that is a good thing, right??? Anyways, this week I had the pleasure of getting together with the fabulous Kristy of Full Time Fabulous and Stephanie from The Loudmouth. Both ladies wrote lovely posts on the get together— so please check them out!
Also, I wanted to include the Links Á La Mode feature from Independent Fashion Bloggers. I am such a big proponent of this weekly roundup. There are always great posts to read and I am sure you will find a few that you love as well…. Oh! And don’t you worry- NoH Does will be up this afternoon!!!
Edited by Denimology
As I was selecting my posts for this weeks Links A La Mode, I realized how important it is to have attractive and original images in your posts. I noticed that I would open a post and close it promptly if the images looked rather….. what’s the word… meh.
Here is how to have your blog posts chosen by me [Denimology] for LALM:
- Images Are The Main Course — A great image will draw in your reader. The image might be beautiful, odd, heartwarming, instructive or just curiosity-provoking, so long as it keeps the reader wanting to read your post.
- Don’t Forget To Use an Image — It’s better to use a generic image than no image at all but ultimately your image should represent what the subject of your post is about.
- High Quality Images Are Best — We’ve all heard the saying “Pictures speak a thousand words”, but in the blogging world they speak even more. Adding HQ pictures to a blog post will visually stimulate your readers and help them identify with you, the writer.
- Resize Your Images — While images can make your blog looked polished and professional, having images that hang over into the margins or that are cut off is sloppy blogging.
LINKS À LA MODE: MAY 19TH
- And She Loved: How to DIY more– list of resources for DIY projects and ideas
- Beautifully Invisible: 5 Things Jack Sparrow Taught Me About Fashion & Makeup
- bestofbklyn: Summer getaway essentials
- Beyond Fabric: Incorporating ethnic pieces into your attire
- Chic ‘n Cheap Living: Wardrobe staple: Trouser jeans
- Denimology: Denimology’s 5th Anniversary ‘Free Jeans Every Day In May’ Denim Giveaway Want free jeans? We have Lots to give away!
- fashionablynumb: Angel Garcia The Label Whore. People who get carried away with labels and logos.
- For Those About to Shop: 10 great designer quotations
- ggfashionista: A tutorial in how to achieve a chic headband look with a scarf
- IFB: New IFB Feature — Twitter/Livestream Chat
- Kirstin Marie: A shopaholic’s tips
- Mary Jane Girl: Kristen Leotsakou Interior design: do’s, don’ts and must have items
- My Favorite Fashion: Victoria Vintage Vision: how & why vintage fashion has become so popular
- Rose tinted uncertainty: Rhona Nolan – Should we pick one look or reserve our right to be polystylish???
- Sample Sale Sites: Jeans Make A Difference – Denim Unites For Peace
- Speak2Ashley: Style lessons from French women, the French way
- StyleSizzle: How to build a better wardrobe
- Styling You: Why the colour navy is so Posh
- Stylish Thought: Are you a Savage Blogger?
- TheStylishButterfly: Confessions of a new blogger: High fashion vs. real fashion
- ThisIsAYes: Summer Ready? – from less Makeup to more Sailing, Mint Green Dresses, more Maxi Skirts and Round Sunglasses
- truequeen: 11 Ways to Revamp Your Dresser