I am really excited about this new feature that will start appearing on NoH. It’s called NoH DIY and basically it is a step-by-step “how to” where an expert teaches me (and in turn you) how to do the installment’s topic. Make sense? Well hopefully after checking out the rest of this post you will know what I mean!!
Today we are taking a closer look at fashion trend hair feathers. I am going to be honest, I was skeptical at whether or not this would be actually be doable, but super stylist Jessica Wenger (remember Dress To Impress?) has proven me wrong!
This is what you’ll need:
- Silicone Beads
- Hair Clip
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Section the hair about an inch below the part in your hair and clip that hair away.
- Take a section of hair about half the diameter of the silicon bead.
- Take the wire and make it into a “u”shape and place it under the hair.
- Connect the two ends so they are sticking straight up.
- Place the bead onto the two ends of the wire and pull it down through the hair. Hold the bead with your fingers and, with the wire, continue to pull the hair through the bead.
- Place the feathers on top of each other into the bead so they stick up about a 1/4 in above the bead.
- Take the pliers and squeeze the bead tight with them. Make sure they are flat with the shape of the head.
- Use the scissors to trim the quill if it extends too far past the bead.
- Re-part the hair and you’re ready to sport the hottest new trend!
Lost? Well, watch Jessica add a feather to my hat—-err, I mean HAIR!
If you are feeling adventurous you can order the feathers and silicone beads from her or if you live in LA and still feel overwhelmed you can schedule an appointment with Jessica. Email email@example.com for details!