Oh, the iconic chevron stripe. And no, I do not say that because of the gas stations. Come on now! No the chevron stripe is one of those patterns that have been around forever, but continue to be popular. And when I say has been around forever- I mean it. I remember learning in art history class about pottery that was excavated from Crete from around 1500 BC. Like I said— it is old. Today it is found in a variety of forms and appears both in fashion and home décor. I love how it has a chameleon like ability to go from fun to sophisticated to a little bit crazy (hmmm… that kind of sounds like me…), all depending on how the stripes are used and in what color combination.
Check out just a few examples of this versatile pattern:
Where To Shop:
- Cara Accessories “Wide Chevron Bracelet” (Sale $57.90), Nordstrom.com
- Miss Sixty “Cocoon Dress With Chevron Stripes” ($146.53), Asos.com
- Anthropologie “Abstract Idea Pillow” ($118), Anthropologie.com
- West Elm “Organic Chevron Duvet & Shams” ($24-109), WestElm.com
- Lauren Merkin “Juliette Chevron Satchel” ($247.50), Endless.com