DISCLAIMER: What I am about to write may infuriate some of you. Especially those of you currently living in sweltering hot conditions. But remember, fashion is not for the faint of heart!
There are certain fabrics that just seem seasonal. For instance you don’t see much linen in fall/winter nor do you see much wool in spring/summer.
Leather (and faux) tends to fall into the category of fall/winter. But as any innovator knows, sometimes you’ve got to break the rules. And we are going to begin by wearing leather in the summer.
Don’t get me wrong- there are some leather examples that easily meld with your summer wardrobe-
P.S. I am totally in love and want a pair of these shoes—- in any of the available colors!
& About a million different wrist ornamentations (Do you like that? Yeah, I am pretty clever):
But, I am not simply referring to the slew of leather accessories. I am talking about true apparel.
Things like these:
Where To Shop:
- Free People “Vegan Leather Shorts” ($98) FreePeople.com
- Alice+Olivia “Box Pleat Leather Skirt” ($396) ShopBop.com
- French Connection “Laser Cut Leather Shift Dress” (Sale $258.59) Asos.com
- Superfine “Leather Triangle Jeans” (Sale $332), ForwardForward.com
- Kaelen “Tamela Leather Tunic” (Sale $237.50) ShopBop.com
What do you think?
Would/Do you wear leather (or faux) apparel in the summer?
And if the answer is yes— how do you do it? (Wait— don’t answer that last one! Instead, send me a photo so that I can feature you in this week’s NoH Does!! firstname.lastname@example.org)