One trend I am loving for this transitional period (and also for fall!) is the lady like 1970s. My mother lived for this attire… she is lucky I don’t have any photos of her in the 70s or else I would plaster them all over NoH. So instead you’ll have to settle for my second choice of evocative images: The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Lady-like blouses, tweed jackets, midi-dresses, and wide leg trousers—all in saturated colors and beautiful patterns, characterized the show’s wardrobe.
(Ahhhh, now you are with me!)
Here are some of my favorite examples of the season:
Where To Shop:
- Tucker “Pleated Skirt” ($460), Piperlime.com
- J.Crew “Vintage Tweed Jacket” ($198), JCrew.com
- Robert Rodriguez “Wide-Leg Pleated Pants” ($315), Cusp.com
- Banana Republic “Ruffled Dot Blouse” ($79.50), BananaRepublic.com
- ASOS “Short Sleeve High Neck Pleated Dress” ($82.33), Asos.com
What do you think of this trend? Do you have any favorite pieces?
Yes! This is the topic for this week’s NoH Does! It will be the last one for a bit, so if you are looking to partake, now is your chance! As always, all you have to do is email me (email@example.com) photos of you wearing this trend, then come back Saturday to see the featured participants. Looking forward to seeing your looks…