I always thought it funny that the ruby shoes got all the attention in the Wizard of Oz. I mean, there was an entire emerald city!!!!!
That is how it is with green. Even now, with jewel tones being a major trend for fall, emerald green seems to be fading into the background. All the while cabernets and cobalts take center stage. It is a crime I tell you! A crime!
But I am all about bucking “the man” (just ask my parents…), so here on North On Harper it is all about the emerald green… and the clothes… and the accessories… and the makeup…
- TopShop “Knitted Loose Stitch Jumper” ($80), topshop.com
- Bourjois “Little Round Pot Intense Eyeshadow” ($12.20), asos.com
- Theyskens’ Theory “Kyoda Yeva Sweater Dress” ($695), shopbop.com
- Tibi “Swirl-Print Belted Shift Dress” ($348), cusp.com
- Zara “City Bag With Metallic Clasp” ($189), zara.com
- True Religion “Casey Super Skinny Legging” ($198), revolveclothing.com
- Sabine “Three Stone Vertical Ring” ($24), piperlime.com
Here is the thing: I think green gets a bad rap because it can be challenging to wear on some skin tones. My skin tone falls into this category. The key for me is that the green has to have more blue in it than yellow. That’s why emerald green tends to be more flattering on people with yellow/gold undertones. So if you typically shy away from a kelly green, give this shade a try!
What do you think of emerald green? Love it? Hate it? Are deeply afraid of it?