So apparently yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the release of Breakfast At Tiffany’s. You know, that little movie with some actress named Audrey Hepburn dressed in a black Givenchy? The one that single handedly put the LBD on the map? Yep. That movie.
But, it wasn’t just the perfect dress. It was the pearls and the sunglasses as well. The whole image of Holly Golightly dressed to the nines made Breakfast At Tiffany’s such an iconic fashion film.
Well I may have missed the anniversary. But that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate it!
So in honor of the film I have picked a few of these signature items for your viewing pleasure. Just with a bit of a contemporary twist…
After all, if Holly Golightly window-shopped then we can certainly do the same!
- Reem Acra Cap Sleeve Gown with Lace Back Detail ($2,860), shopbop.com
- Theory Swingy Wool Dress ($395), neimanmarcus.com
- ASOS Ponti Pencil Dress with Pockets ($82.33), asos.com
- Halston Heritage Halter Long Dress ($455), shopbop.com
(PS- I think I may have included this last dress in another post… forgive me, I think it is phenomenal!)
Where To Shop:
- Kenneth J Lane Large Glass Pearl Post ($18), shopbop.com
- Majorica Pearl-Drop Necklace ($125), neimanmarcus.com
- Fallon Jewelry Double Strand Pearl & Chain Necklace ($140), shopbop.com
- Juliet & Company Runway Multi Strand Pearl Bracelet ($38), shopbop.com
- Marc Jacobs Sunglasses Two Tone Sunglasses ($325), shopbop.com
- House of Harlow Women’s Audrey Sunglasses ($110), endless.com
- Kate Spade Franca Sunglasses ($128), piperlime.com
- Prada – 0PR 14NS (Black Gradient) Sunglasses ($290), zappos.com
Were you inspired by Holly Golightly’s personal style? What is your favorite iconic fashion film?