This story is going to sound weird from the get go. And I am okay with that. When you consider the central figure it seems fitting.
So, the other day I was in Whole Foods and I was talking to the butcher about Iceland (I told you this was going to get weird…) and he made a comment about how they’ve had a hard time recovering from their economic crisis, especially considering their biggest export is Björk. I laughed. The butcher laughed. Lukus laughed. We all laughed. (To be clear, we were not laughing at Iceland’s economic difficulties, but at the thought of Björk being a major export)
Later that evening, while perusing my normal internet haunts, I stumbled onto an article on Björk’s just released new album, Biophilia.
That’s when I realized it was a sign. It was a sign that I needed to share some of the most memorable fashion moments from the always-eccentric Björk.
Wait—are you telling me you are only familiar with the notorious swan dress??
But there is so much more to Björk that makes her a fashion icon! After all, it wasn’t for just anyone that Alexander McQueen designed a jeweled facial mask. So yes, I meant it when I called her a fashion icon.
You with me?
Okay, then sit back and enjoy the sweet stylings of Iceland’s pop princess…
What do you think of Björk’s wild wardrobe?
1) Biophilia’s Cover Art: Inez and Vinoodh
2) Swan Dress: If you have the photographer’s name let me know!
3) Alexander McQueen look at Fashion Rocks 2003: ©Karwai Tang/ALPHA
4) Pleated Hat: Erez Sabag
5) Alexander McQueen Bell Dress: Image from the “Who Is It?” Music Video
6) Cream/White Victoria Style Dress: Warren du Preez & Nick Thorton Jones
7) Black & Pink dress, seated: If you have the photographer’s name let me know!