I haven’t done one of these in awhile. But, I just had to share the easiest recipe in the universe with you. Seriously. It is a Roasted Veggie and Hummus Pizza – or at least that is what I love to call it!
This is something that is great for a quick dinner or as an appetizer if you have friends over (bonus- it can be Vegan! Just check the puff pastry…).
Now before you look at my ingredients I have to qualify them: I am normally pretty strict about shopping organic and local, and in this case the veggies are. However, I couldn’t find the organic hummus and puff pastry at Whole Foods, so I settled for these options. Please don’t judge me too harshly! Alright…. Qualifying done!
Roasted Veggie and Hummus Pizza
-Veggies for Roasting (I chose Heirloom Tomatoes and Broccolini)
Yep. That’s it. If you want to brush some olive oil over the veggies or add some salt & pepper, go for it. But it isn’t necessary! Promise! (Although Lukus likes to add a little hot sauce afterwards, but he does that to everything)
1. Preheat oven to 400*F/ 205*C
2. After defrosting one of the pastry sheets (this is the only part that requires planning), unroll it on a foil lined cookie sheet.
3. Add a layer of hummus to the puff pastry.
4. Slice veggies and top the hummus with them (go ahead, make it look pretty!)
5. Bake for 15- 20 min or until pastry has puffed and the veggies are roasted.
6. DONE! Yep, that is it!
Seriously. It is that insanely easy. Now go. Eat a Roasted Veggie and Hummus Pizza!