We are back from Bali! Don’t worry there will be more posts about the adventure. It was an amazing trip and its difficult to get back into the regular life mindset. Especially things like cooking. Fortunately, Lukus had 2 more days off before heading back to work, so he was kind enough to share the load with me (side note- one of the cons of being a WAHM- I end up having to do all the home stuff and all the work stuff).
Typically, we try and cook at home most nights. I never know when Lukus will be back from work and on busy days he will give me about a 30 minute heads up before walking through the door ravenous. On crazy days I look to make recipes that are not only delicious for all three of us, but also quick and easy. One recipe that checks all the boxes is for Greek Inspired Lamb Burgers.
I love that these burgers taste a bit more luxurious than your average burgers and incorporate one of my favorite roasted veggies, eggplant.
Here’s how you make them:
Greek Inspired Lamb Burgers
1—1¼ lbs. Ground Lamb
1½ tsp. Ground Cumin
½ C. Mint (chopped)
½ C. Greek Yogurt
¼ Cucumber (seeded & finely diced)
1 Small Eggplant (sliced crosswise)
1 Tomato (sliced)
8-10 Large lettuce Leaves (Romaine or Butter work well)
Olive Oil (enough to lightly brush eggplant slices)
Salt (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400*F/ 200*C
2. Combine lamb, cumin and ¼ cup of mint, and some salt in bowl. Form into four patties (try to handle minimally).
3. Brush the eggplant with olive oil on both sides and add a bit of salt. Place on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and put on an upper rack in oven. Roast for about 20 minutes.
4. Using a grill pan or an actually grill (you know if it is summer where you are!) cook lamb on each side for about 4 minutes for medium rare.
5. In a smaller bowl mix together cucumber, remaining mint, and yogurt. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
6. Assemble burgers using the lettuce in place of bread (or you can try pita if you prefer) and including the tomato, eggplant and cucumber yogurt.
Now dig in! I really hope you enjoy these Greek Inspired Lamb Burgers as much as we do!!