A few weeks ago I wrote about clean eating and I was surprised by some of the feedback. Especially the feedback that said it is “too hard” or “too time consuming” to eat clean. Here’s the thing about clean eating: it can actually be very simple. And to prove it to you, I thought I would share a recipe that can be prepared from start-to-finish in less than 20 minutes (and that is with my TERRIBLE knife skills, which require huge amounts of time to chop vegetables…). I give you Ginger Garlic Chili Sea Bass.
– 2 large fillets of Sea Bass (This feeds the little one, Lukus and myself)
– 2 inch knob fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped into small matchsticks (or however you want!)
– 4 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
– 4 Red Chili Peppers, deseeded and diced (This isn’t as spicy as it looks- promise!!!)
– ½ Onion, diced
– 1 Lime
– Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos to taste (Our daughter is Gluten & Soy Free so we use the Coconut Aminos)
-Coconut Oil (enough to oil the pan)
Ready for a super simple recipe? Okay here it goes…
1. Heat coconut oil in skillet on medium high temperature. Add fish, skin-side down, sprinkle with a bit of soy/coconut aminos. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes. Flip the fish and continue cooking for anoth 1-2 minutes. Place on serving dish.
2. Add the Ginger, Garlic, Chili and Onion to the pan and sauté for a few minutes (until onions begin to look translucent). Squeeze lime over mixture.
3. Pour mixture over fish and add desired additional soy.
How easy is that?
Here are a few extra tips to make for an even more delicious meal:
– You don’t have to use Sea Bass – get whatever fish is fresh and accessible to you!
– Don’t let the number of chili peppers scare you- once deseeded they are pretty mild. My 1 ½ year old eats this up.
– Coconut Aminos can be purchased at most healthy grocery stores (eg Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s) and are a great alternative to soy sauce.
-If you do opt for the Coconut Aminos then this is the allergy free trifecta: Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
– I serve this over rice or with asparagus, makes for a healthy, delicious meal!